This is a comprehensive assessment involving tests that have been developed to assess different brain functions including:
- Learning and memory
- Attention and concentration
- Non-verbal abilities
- Information processing
- Executive functioning (e.g. planning and organisation)
The assessment also looks at changes in personality and behaviour that can occur following brain injury.
Many people suffer with low mood and anxiety following a brain injury. There is increasing evidence to show that psychological therapies such as cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) can help support individuals to manage these difficulties. We offer specialist psychological therapy to support individuals in their emotional adjustment following brain injury.
We offer rehabilitation programmes that are based on the latest scientific evidence and a clear understanding of the person’s cognitive strengths and weaknesses. These programmes aim to maximise the individual’s cognitive functioning in relation to their own personal goals.
We can provide expert witness services to the court. Dr. Reynolds has completed medico-legal reports for the court throughout her career and has completed the Cardiff University Bond Solon Civil Expert Witness Certificate. Medico-legal reports and opinions can be prepared on:
- Neuropsychological assessment of brain functioning following head injury and post concussive states
- Neuropsychological assessment of neurological disease
- Assessment of mental capacity/fitness to plead/fitness to work.
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation and recovery from acquired brain injury
- Psychological assessment and treatment of mental health difficulties e.g. depression/anxiety/PTSD
A copy of Dr. Reynolds C.V. and medico-legal terms and conditions are available on request.